How can plants help improve our well-being?
Plants provide various health benefits to humans, and with an increasing amount of time spent indoors, it is now more important than ever to actively create a connection to the natural environment. Whether it is planting your own garden or creating a garden oasis at home, plants are beneficial to a person’s wellbeing. They help us de-stress, improving our concentration. They also filter the air we breathe, removing harmful toxins. Therefore, spending time outdoors in nature or creating your own indoor space for house plants can be your gateway to a healthier and happier lifestyle.
Benefits of Buying and Planting Locally Grown Plants
- BC’s plants are happy in their environment and are much less likely to be affected by pests and diseases
- BC’s growers have generations of plant knowledge and are passionate about the quality of plants
- BC’s ecosystem is dependent on BC grown plants
- Gardens have several healing qualities, lowers stress, calms nerves and can even reduce blood pressure levels
- Gardens encourage an active lifestyle and gardening burns calories
- Gardens clean the air of pollution, allowing you and your family to breathe in fresh air
- Professionally landscaped yards increase property values
- Professionally landscaped yards reduce energy costs and protect your home from the harsh elements
- Professionally landscaped yards save water and prevent erosion
What is Plant Something BC?
Plant Something BC is a BC Buy Local initiative to promote the benefits of buying local grown plants to aspiring and experienced gardeners of all ages. PlantSomethingBC challenges British Columbians to
‘Don’t Just Stand There…
Plant Something BC!’